By using a creamy peanut better in the batter and Reeses peanut butter chips along with the chocolate chunks, these cookies have great flavor and do not have the typical dryness of some peanut butter cookies. I recommend a creamy peanut butter that is not the natural variety, as it blends better in the batter and yields a much better texture. I love to use large milk chocolate baking chips –ghiradelli are my favorite. Pour yourself a large class of milk and enjoy a cookie break!
Yield 20 -24 cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I love Bob’s Red Mill Pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I love Jif creamy)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate baking…
View original post 132 more words
- 1 Trade Joe’s pie crust
- 1 15oz can (about 2 cups; 450g) pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (8g) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (I used 2%.)
- Egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon milk
- For the pumpkin pie filling:Whisk the pumpkin, 3 eggs, and brown sugar together until combined. Add the cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, pepper, cream, and milk. Vigorously whisk until everything is combined. Filling will be a little thick.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put pie crust in pie pan and decorate edges, as desired. Using pie weights, pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into the warm pre-baked crust. Only fill the…
View original post 130 more words
This week’s It’s Chili, Chowder, or Stew Saturday is a recipe for Jalapeño Sweet Potato and Chicken Chowder. To make this delicious Chowder you’ll need Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Vegetable Broth, Chicken, Whole Kernel Corn, Jalapeños, Heavy Cream, Green Onions, and Seasonings. Warm up these cool Fall nights with this week’s recipe! It’s from the CooksRecipes website where you’ll find an endless selection of delicious recipes, so check it out today1 Enjoy and Make 2019 a Healthy One! https://www.cooksrecipes.com/index.html
Jalapeño Sweet Potato and Chicken Chowder
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
1 small onion, 1/4-inch diced
Up to 1 quart vegetable broth, chicken stock or water
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
2 teaspoons jalapeños, minced (or more to taste)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
Chopped green onions for garnish
1 – Bake…
View original post 92 more words
It was during Sister Madly’s Utopian Days that Midori- a recent transplant from Japan*- explained how, just before moving to the States, her Grandmother sat her down and lovingly outlined the ritual for something she called ‘jagaimo.’
* A culture of wise and beautiful people who recognize that life is much too short to be eating bread crust on a daily basis.
Also, they have pet otters.
Now Sister Madly hadn’t heard of this ‘jagaimo,’ but if she were to speculate, it is the custom of cutting the crust off all things sandwich- seriously, the Western World needs to adopt this tradition immediately. Many a school luncheon was ruined by her Mother neglecting to remove the crusts from her peanut butter and banana sandwiches. But fret not: having since learned how to properly handle a knife, Sister Madly is now able to remove the crusts on her own like…
View original post 580 more words
- 6-7 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, mix together the potatoes, cheddar cheese, garlic salt, bacon, and green onions. Add mayonnaise and stir until everything is well coated.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Crunchy Chocolate Layers
- (Makes 2 layers so, ingredients need divided in half before you start)
- 1 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 11 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies
Peanut Marshmallow Nutty Caramel Nougat Layer
- ¼cupunsalted butter
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4cupheavy cream
- 7ozcontainer marshmallow cream
- ¼cupcreamy peanut butter
- 1½cupssaltedroasted peanuts, chopped or whole
- 2cupssoft caramels
- Crunchy Chocolate Bottom Layer
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine half of the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter and microwave in microwavable bowl on high heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chips are fully melted and the mixture in smooth.
- Stir in Cocoa Krispies until fully coated then pour into prepared baking dish and spread using a spatula or spoon.
- Refrigerate about 15 minutes until firm.
- Peanut Marshmallow Nutty Caramel Nougat Layer
- In a small saucepan, combine…
View original post 161 more words
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs)
- 1 can french onion soup (10.5 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Roll the pork tenderloin in the flour and cook in the skillet until browned on all sides.
- Place the browned pork tenderloin in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until tender. Turn the slow cooker to high in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Stir water and cornstarch to create smooth paste. Remove pork from slow cooker and plate. Whisk cornstarch mixture into slow cooker. Cover and let cook and…
View original post 53 more words