After making the stock featured in the last post, it was pot pie time. This one comes together pretty easily because I used store-bought frozen puff pastry rather than making the crust from scratch.
The recipe can be modified with any veggies and meat you prefer, so it’s really more of a method than a strict “recipe”. I’ve made it with Italian sausage and with leftover steak on previous occasions. It would be yummy turned into a kind-of Guinness beef stew. Hmmmm… pretty sure I’m gonna do that when the weather gets colder.
- 1 medium leek, cut into 1/3″ rounds
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 oz. frozen peas
- 1 pound of cooked, shredded or…
View original post 362 more words