- Olive oil
- 2 large flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
- 1 tablesp. white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 thick slices of good bread, toasted on one side
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheese
Heat a little of the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for a minute or two and season.
Set aside. Bring a shallow pan of water to simmer, add the vinegar and salt. Break one egg onto a saucer, stir the water to create a whirlpool, tip in the egg and leave to cook for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift on to a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Keep the water hot.
Heat the grill to high, arrange the mushrooms on the untoasted side of the bread, cover with the tomatoes and then the cheese, grill for 5-6 mins until the cheese has just melted…
View original post 54 more words