Although not authentic, we all can’t be expected to have a tandoor blazing in our kitchens at all times, this is the next best thing.
There’s one semi-weird thing with this recipe. It uses brown sugar. The original recipe I had iterated on called for honey, which I did not have, so I just did a swap with brown sugar. It turned out BEAUTIFULLY, so I went with it. Feel free to swap either, but if you want to replicate my recipe, use the brown sugar!
What you need:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil or butter for cooking
- In a bowl or glass measuring jug, add water, sugar and yeast. Leave until foamy or about 5 minutes.
- In a large…
View original post 278 more words