I think I should add “Vegetable Stuffer” to my CV.
Not only do I love stuffing butternuts, mushrooms, squashes, aubergines, peppers and whatever else I can hollow out and fill with something yummy — I’m pretty damn good at it, too!
Over this past weekend I indulged in a great sales offer that gave me a big bag of green peppers for next to nothing, so I decided to stuff them all last night.
Who’s hungry? Vincent, Roan and I. This recipe serves three — with the possibility of some leftover mince filling that can be used in a pasta or jaffle the next day.
- 5 green peppers
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 200 g carrot, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 50 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 5 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato & onion mix…
View original post 311 more words