We’re on a roll with the fall flavours so let’s keep this going. I like chunky, hearty soups, and anything with potato in it is always win. Ham, potato and leek are the perfect trifecta, and this soup only gets better over time.
Use any potato you wish, I personally prefer Yukon Gold over anything else. Russet is fine but will break down a bit more into the soup so anticipate that.
Make this veggie by omitting the ham and swapping for veggie stock, it’ll be just as delicious.
What you need:
- 8 oz diced ham, bonus points if you can get a ham bone as well
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1.2 cup celery, diced
- 2 medium leeks, white part only, diced (wash these well)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 32 oz carton low sodium chicken stock
View original post 180 more words