The humble potato shines in this one pot, quick and easy but flavoursome curry.
Use my spice mix if preferred, if not a good store bought curry powder will do too. Freshly toasted spices gives the curry a depth of flavour, use 2 to 3 tablespoons of the curry powder and reserve the remaining curry powder in a sealed jar, and can be used for other curries too. This potato curry goes well with the dhal rice, or enjoy it with plain rice, roti or even bread.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3 dried chilies
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
For the curry
- 430g or 3 medium potatoes cut into 2.5cm cube
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or vegetalble oil
- 165g or 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh…
View original post 241 more words