When it comes to baking bread, focaccia is not only one of the tastiest but also one of the simplest varieties to make at home. Have a go at making this lovely focaccia to enjoy with family, topped with mushrooms, fresh thyme and some sundried tomatoes. This bread can be enjoyed on its own, with a number of dishes or when you when you need a fancy carb fix.
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 30ml water
- 2 packets of dried yeast
- 1 heaped tsp salt.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra for drizzling)
For the topping:
- 200g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 handful of fresh thyme (hard stalks removed and finely sliced)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 handful of sundried tomatoes (sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, yeast and salt and mix well and then add in the water gradually, and mix into…
View original post 181 more words