This is a favourite tea time snack for Maldivians. A spicy tuna filling goes inside these egg shaped dough balls and after that it’s boiled and lightly coated in a curry sauce. Maldivians call it curried eggs hence the shape, I call it Maldivian ravioli. Soft spicy and delicious.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion or 75gram onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 habanero chilli or to taste, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon orjuice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1tin (185g) tuna chunks in oil, drained
- Place the onion, chilli, curry leaves, lemon juice, turmeric and salt in a bowl.
- Combine using your hand(I use a disposable glove since the chilli might irritate your skin). Don’t be afraid to squeeze the mixture well to ensure the…
View original post 438 more words