The perfect weekend family dinner with and Southern and Persian twist.
Prep Time: 24 hours prior
Cook Time: 60 min. plus
Difficulty level is: Medium
Buttermilk chicken from: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat
• 3 ½ – 4 pound chicken
• 2 cups buttermilk
1. The day before you want to cook the chicken remove the wingtips by cutting through the first wing joint with poultry shears or a sharp knife.
2. Reserve for stock.
3. Season chicken generously with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Stir 2 tablespoons of kosher salt or 4 teaspoons of fine sea salt into the buttermilk to dissolve.
5. Place the chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag and pour buttermilk in.
6. If the chicken won’t fit double up two plastic grocery bags to…
View original post 712 more words