I just thought the list of these vegetarian recipes were just too much to pass up for Crackling Pork Rinds, so I am reblogging them.
This is a classic recipe from the Punjab region in the north of India. I am Punjabi, so we eat this dish often. Curried cabbage is delicious and takes very little time to prepare. It can be served as a side dish with any protein you like. Traditionally, it is served with dal (see my Autumn Dal recipe), yogurt (My Mom’s Yogurt) and roti.
- 1 medium sized head of green cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 green chilies
- 10 curry leaves (optional, if you don’t have these leave them out)
- 2 inches of ginger
- juice of 1 small lemon (in the photo the yellow cube in the center is a cube of frozen lemon juice. When I get a lot of lemons from my neighbor’s tree, I juice them and freeze them into cubes.)
- 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of…
View original post 389 more words